Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Value of a Friend

Friends are very important in a person’s life. For me friends are in three different classes.

*      Friends that make you laugh
*      Friends that encourage and inspire you
*      Friends who are honest enough to tell you the truth even when it hurts.

I have each of these three different classes of friends and I’m glad I do. Because imagine if I didn’t have a friend to make me laugh a friend to keep that smile on my face when all I want to do is frown. Imagine if I didn’t have a friend to encourage me there are many things I would have given up on. Imagine if I didn't have a friend who would tell me the truth and nothing but the truth think of all of the humiliation I would suffer. 

To me friends are the third most important people in one’s life. First comes God then comes family then we have friends. 

Friends are important, take time today to thank your friends. You can write a simple text saying “thanks for being a great friend XOXO” and I’m pretty sure that will make their day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Sarah! I loved it! You are a good writer and I am sure a good friend too! Hugs! Love, Mbaire

Lydd Gatere said...

Thanks Sarah for reminding us to stop and think about the value our friends and to verbally express our gratitude to God and to them. Here-we-go-a-textin'... Stay blessed!