What makes a house a home? Is it the
T.V. in the house? the electronics and gadgets? is it the cost of the things in the house, or the amount
of space in the house? What is it that really makes a home?
For one I know it
can’t be the T.V., but I have seen that sometimes when you compliment some
people on something in their house, they start telling you how expeeeeeeeensive
it was. I read a sentence today in my schoolwork that made me think. The
sentence I read was” No matter what a house looks like it’s the people that
turn a house into a home.”
This I know to be true, because I have an amazing
family. My mom is an amazing cook, a loving person someone who’s taught me the
values of being a woman who keeps her word and is firm in love, and I know that
I will cherish her for the rest of my life. My dad is a really funny person,
who loves to inspire others especially in their love for God. He has taught me that when you have a passion for something and you know that
it’s right then do it with all your heart. My sister, well my sister has taught
me quite a lot about life. One important lesson she’s taught me is that no matter how
much family annoys, embarrass, and sometimes even devastates you, family will
always be family. I know that even if I were lost in the middle of nowhere as long
as I had my family I would be just fine.
Why don’t you write to me and tell me what a home means to you. You can post it as a comment below or send it to my dad’s email
address (if you know it :) )
4 comments:
I think home is always connected with love. Someone can live in rich house with the swimming pool, newest car and newest gadgets, but without love it will be only dead wall. But someone can live in poor house without any gadgets and luxuries, but full of love.
Beautiful postings Sarah:) We can travel all the world, see amazing places and soon realize there is nowhere like home, family, loved ones. There are a lifetime gift to cherish, to love and to forgive. Home is the safest place for me.
nice one...
True, it is relationships that make a home.
Post a Comment