Today, I was thinking about how I felt when my parents told
me that they had heard God telling them to come and start a church right here
in Mombasa. I was excited, of course I thought we were coming for an extremely
long holiday [It sounds dumb I know but hey, I was only seven].
When I realized
we were actually moving I wasn’t as excited as I was before. To be completely
honest I was just plain scared which I always am when I am in a new and
unfamiliar place, or I meet someone new and I don’t have a choice but to say
hi. I didn’t know anyone, I had no idea where we were going to live, and I also
kept hearing that little voice of fear taunting me with thoughts like “What
school will I go to?” and “Will I ever make any friends?”. The answers to these
questions are “The school I go to is one of the best I know,” and” Yes, I have
made friends, and they are "de crème de la crème" P.S That translated into English means
the best of the best.
So, like Paul said in Romans all things work together for
good to those called by Jesus’ name.
This is the part where you say “Amen.”

3 comments:
hi sarah
thanks for sharing your story on having to move and live in a new place. I recently moved to a new location that will be my home and your positive attitude just rubbed on to me.
Keep writing girl, loving your blog!
I remember when I came to Mombasa too! It was terribly hot and I kept wondering how people survive this heat!
I'm most grateful to your family and other friends in helping me settle down.
God bless!
hi sarah.... Amen
I hear u abt moving to a new town.
Gal u jst explained why I found it soooo hard to say Good bye
Post a Comment