Last Saturday I had so much fun. At our church, we had a
cycling day for ages 10 and up. Even though we were about nine we still had a lot of fun. We met at church before heading to Butterfly Pavilion, Bamburi. When
we first got there we played on the swings and slides [remember we’re still
kids.] After praying we set out to do some warm-ups, which in my opinion were
the hardest I have ever done.Before I continue let me set three things straight: #1I am not the best cycler ever born, #2 I don’t have my own bike, so I only cycle when in Nairobi, #3 The last time I cycled was the first time I cycled, and did not break a single bone in my body.
So, by using the info
I just gave you, you can tell this was not going to be the easiest for me
personally. Of course, I had a problem with the races and challenges, but when
it came to the marathon I was beat. At first I started the third last, then
somewhere in the middle I saw one of my friends whose chain was out, and she couldn’t
fix it neither could I [remember an amateur is talking.] So, I gave her my bike
to continue racing with, leaving me to walk for about fifty something meters.
Overall, as I overlook the thigh pains I still have, and the back pains that
had to be massaged out of my back, last Saturday was one of the best days of my
life.Keep up the good work ICC Mombasa kids crew
2 comments:
I did not know you do not cycle! Or rather that you don't do it frequently!
Not to worry, if you keep going to Butterfly Pavillion, you will be cycling 'like a problem'!
Sarah, I love your blog, looking forward to reading more and more from you. Butterfly pavillion is one of the best places to hang out, I learned how to cycle after form 4, I wouldn't trade that skill for anything else now. Even though I don't cylce often, its worth the muscle ache everytime
Post a Comment